Simple explanation of attributes for us Druids
I’m not implying us Druids are stupid, but I’ve long wished for a simple explanation of the effect of various attribute increases on my abilities. With us Druids being able to perform in so many roles, it becomes a bit more complicated for us to evaluate whether we want that new piece of gear that just dropped.
I was cruising around over at WoWWiki and found a page called Druid Tactics. Pretty basic stuff, but I did find this little gem describing attribute increases in plain, straightforward language. You all probably knew this already, but for me this was a real find, so I’m sharing it. Enjoy.
There is no set of attributes that is perfect for every situation. A druid can do most things and profit from all attributes. The best choice obviously is the one that enhances your play style.
- Each point of Strength is worth 2 points of attack power. 14 points of attack power result in 1 additional DPS.
- Each point of Agility increases armor by 2, dodge and critical hit by 0.05% (at level 60). Also increases Attack Power in cat form by +1 per point of Agility.
- Each point of Stamina is worth 10 health.
- Each point of Intellect gives 15 mana and increases your chance for a critical spell 0.0173% (every 57.5 int = +1% critical chance).
- Each point of Spirit increases your health and mana regeneration. 5 points of Spirit gives 1 mana per tick (2 seconds) in regeneration.
Oh, by the way – I finally decided on my new build. I’m logging in now to apply it and see how it works. I’ll post it today or tomorrow in case you’re interested.