WoW Insider just posted a nice little article detailing the buffs and debuffs currently reported from picking flowers and herbs around Outland. You can read the full article here. I have encountered a few of these buffs, and was wondering if there were others. The basic details are:
“Buffs and extra items include:
- Felweed, which has a chance to give you Fel Thistle, which absorbs 750 to 1250 damage and lasts 15 seconds.
- Flame Cap, which is a potion in its own right — it gives you increased fire spell damage by 80 and a chance to strike a ranged or melee target with 40 additional fire damage on weapon hit, but only for one minute.
- Dreaming Glory, which increases your health regeneration by 30hp/5 for fifteen minutes when you pick it.
- Mana Thistle, which restores a random amount of mana when picked.
Then there are two herbs which can debuff you. Unfortunately, these are high-level herbs that are required a lot.
- Nightmare Vine poisons you for 800 shadow damage over 8 seconds.
- Netherbloom gives you a totally random 15 minute buff or debuff that gives you plus or minus 50 to any stat. It can either be completely crippling or very nice, depending on what it is.”
The Dreaming Glory buff happens with every pick of the herb. The Fel Thistle is actually Fel Blossom. Based on WoWHead it appears about 10% of the time, although my experience seems much lower. I’ve only received one and I’ve picked a good number of Felweed.
No comments yet.