Just in case you haven’t heard…
The new WoW expansion has been announced: The Wrath of the Lich King as was speculated. The expansion mini-site is hardly worth checking out as all the good stuff won’t be published for quite a while, but some of the more interesting things to keep an eye on, appear to be:
- Hero Class: Death Knight. Yep, there will be a hero class. Just one at present but they way plans for more. Open to both Alliance and Horde, but doesn’t sound like even Blizz is sure yet how it will work.
- New Profession: Inscription. Looks to be enchantments to spells and abilities. Interesting…
- Level cap raised to 80. Duh – no surprises there.
- New character customizations. This is one of those features a lot of people will probably ask why they wasted their time on, but I think this is fun, and something people want. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it’s not just for new characters. Amanna needs a new ‘do I think.
- Siege weapons. This one I’m probably least interested in. Once we start down the path of “deploying mighty siege engines to lay waste to destructible buildings in your path”, I think it’s going to start feeling like a video game. Although I do trust Blizzard to come up with a fun implementation.
So, the expansion is just announce, which means it will be a while probably before any juicy details start to leak out, but something to look forward to.