2.3 Patch Notes – Druid
I’m sure you’ve probably seen these 57 different places, but just in case here’s the official, live 2.3 patch notes, Druid section:
- Barkskin: It is no longer possible to cast this spell while Cycloned.
- Challenging Roar: The chance for this ability to land successfully on its targets is now increased by hit rating.
- Cure Poison and Abolish Poison are now usable in Tree of Life Form.
- Cure Poison, Abolish Poison and Remove Curse range increased to 40 yards.
- Entangling Roots: It is no longer possible for multiple Druids to have Entangling Roots on the same target. In addition, it will now always be removed correctly if multiple Druids overwrite each other’s Entangling Roots.
- Entangling Roots: This ability will no longer be overwritten when the new Entangling Roots would do less damage.
- Feral Attack Power: Items that granted bonus attack power in Cat, Bear, Dire Bear, and Moonkin forms have been re-evaluated. In almost all cases, the attack power on the item has been increased. This change corrects an issue where feral weapon damage was not keeping up with other classes in its rate of increase.
- Feral Charge: It is now possible for the interrupt and root effects from this ability to be resisted separately.
- Force of Nature: This ability will no longer automatically break stealth on victims in its casting area. Nearby stealthed characters may still be attacked if they are too close to the summoned Treants.
- Growl: The chance for this ability to land successfully on its target is now increased by hit rating.
- Heart of the Wild: This talent no longer provides 4/8/12/16/20% bonus Strength in Cat Form. Instead it provides 2/4/6/8/10% bonus attack power.
- Hibernate: This spell will now always be removed correctly if multiple Druids overwrite each other’s Hibernate.
- Intensity (Restoration) increased to 10/20/30% mana regeneration.
- Natural Perfection (Restoration) – Now also grants the Natural Perfection effect after being critically hit, reducing all damage taken by 1/3/5% for 8 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
- Natural Perfection: This talent can now trigger while the Druid is sitting.
- Primal Fury: This talent will now be learned correctly even if purchased while the Druid is dead.
- Rebirth cooldown reduced to 20 minutes, from 30 minutes.
- Remove Curse is now usable in Moonkin Form.
- Shapeshifting Spells: Some of these spells were causing additional unintended threat. That additional unintended threat has been removed.
- Soothe Animal: This spell now properly consumes Nature’s Swiftness.
- Tranquility now gains additional benefit from spell damage and healing bonuses.
- Tree of Life: It is no longer possible to have the bonus healing aura from this ability while not actually in Tree of Life Form.
- If you are in a shapeshift form and try to use an ability that may only be used in caster form, you will leave the form and use that ability. This means that you can shift from one form to another in one action. If you don’t have mana to shift form, you will get an error message and remain in your current form. This can be disabled with /console autoUnshift
Love the cooldown decrease on Rebirth. Theorycrafters – should I love or hate the change to Heart of the Wild?